The last time I wore kimono was at the Floriade (see previous post). Since then it was mostly things that had to be done in the garden and around the house, the usual days at work and other things. You might have read on facebook, but since the beginning of this year there's a little piece of garden just for myself. I'm a real newbie with gardening, so this is a big experiment for me. If you're interested you can read my (dutch) blog about it, or see some pictures on flickr.
But for now, because I didn't do kimono for about 2 months, I thought about the kimono challenge!
How did you discover and get into kimono? Your dearest kimono item(s). Your most used kimono item(s) (not counting jubans, datejimes etc.).
- Your least used kimono item(s).
- Your favourite coordination(s) so far.
- What do you like and don’t like about kimono.
- Kimono confessions. Did you know that…
- Your dream kitsuke items (or at least items you really really want but can’t get for whatever reason).
- Your biggest kimono fears.
- Your biggest kimono inspiration.
- Your kimono collection.
- The evolution of your kitsuke.
- Your special kimono memory.
My least used kimono-items
Actually, there are a lot of kimono and obi that I haven't worn yet:
This hanhaba I bought with my first yukata, which is a very playful blue with pink fish. Haven't worn it (yet).
Haven't worn this one either. But my guess is, this obi has to have some work done, to make it more stiff.
These are kimono I haven't worn, or worn just at home. There are more kimono that I haven't catalogued yet, so here are a few...