July 19, 2009

Musubi

Friday we had friends over for dinner who hadn't seen any of my kimono, so I showed them a few. That evening I didn't have time to fold them up again so when I came back from the gym this morning, I decided to do some kitsuke on my 2 dolly's.





A few weeks ago when Rota was over, she showed me a book on musubi she bought on eBay, and I got a copy of that as well.

The musubi I tried today are from that book, but I really have no clue what they are called...

(above are the examples from the book)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wauw so pretty!
I especially like the second musubi, so pretty! *sigh*

Kyuukaryuko said...

Thank you Misuchi! It was a bit difficult not knowing what instructions were written next to the pictures, but it turned out okay ^_~

ROTA said...

very good, looks beautiful. Now i envy you.
Did it took a long time to make those musubi or was it a peace of cake?

Kyuukaryuko said...

Haha, don't envy me, there's no need!
It took a little while because the pictures aren't that big, but in the end it wasn't really that difficult. It's just that all those musubi are, of course, for fukuro, and I only have 4 or 5 of them... Most obi I've got are hanhaba and nagoya.

Ume Bloom said...

great buy! I've been meaning to get this guide as well, just wasn't sure, as I already have the Obi Encyclopaedia with just as many knots for nagoya, hanhaba& fukuro obi.
One thing I wanted to add was that some of the fukuro-meant-musubi can also be done with a nagoya. Good luck with practice!

Kyuukaryuko said...

Thank you Ume Bloom!
If you haven't got this guide... If I can find some time soon, I'm going to make pictures of the pages and put them om flickr. Where did you get the Obi Encyclopaedia?

Ume Bloom said...

your welcome Kyuukaryuko. I bought mine off Yahoo Japan Auctions, via Crescent Shop - on ebay it was much more expensive(some usd10.00)..