But with a hanhaba obi instead of a 'normal' obi.
It took a couple of times to get the length of the tesaki, or the beginning of the obi, right. At least 3 times I had the obi wrapped around the dummy's body and make the actual knot, and when I wanted to make the tsunedashi I came to the conclusion that the end of my obi, or the tare, was to short to finish the tsunedashi.
But, practice makes perfect, or almost, so after a few times I got the right length on both the tesaki and tare so I could finish this musubi.
The result is a very cute tsunedashi musubi :-)
February 4, 2008
Finally I dressed both my dummies with kimono. Because I have just one accessoires-set, I dressed one of my dummies with my wintery komon and hanhaba obi, and one with my pretty orange furisode. For the komon I tied the obi with a clamshell musubi, but when I already dressed them I found some other musubi for hanhaba obi on the IG-forums. Maybe I will try one these musubi later this week. We have a party later this week, and one of our friends gave me the second dummy, that's why I dressed them.
On the furisode I tried to make a fukura suzume, or mandarine duck, musubi. I figured out that it's really difficult even on a dummy, so it must be really hard doing this musubi on yourself (and yes, there are people who can!). So for a first try I think it's not thàt bad, but the wings of the musubi are a bit big, and they remind me a bit of Mickey Mouse's ears haha...
(very late edit: on this link you can see how it this musubi should be)